Pages

Saturday 17 August 2013

TIME OUT WITH EKENE AGABU

Ladies and gentlemen, it's a honour to concede this space, this special weekend, to Ekene Agabu. A blunt & passionate writer, Ekene speaks to the heart of ladies and the men that cherish them. Be inspired.

First, to the men. Where we should have given, we took; where we should have loved, we lusted; and where we should have preserved, we devoured.

As a man, I must call myself to higher standards. Before I touch you, I must respect U like my mother, protect U like my sister and look out for your best interest like my baby. After all, that’s what I call U when I want U!

We’ve failed to realize that the significance of our masculinity does not lie in how many girls we can 'dis-virgin' but rather the honor we can bestow upon one.

We fail to understand that the purpose of our strength and dominance is to defend & protect not to attack and destroy. But the first mistake was not yours. U were born into a world that didn’t even give U the chance - the chance to be who U really are without any pressure or expectation.

From day one U were unconsciously groomed from childhood to be an acceptable accessory to a man’s life. U were constantly made conscious of a false milestone that suggested your value was based upon a man finding U worthy to be his, instead of being made aware of who U are by virtue of your own unique existence.

Your worth as a woman was reduced to two things: being a wife & your ability to bear a child. And in some cultures, U had to bear the right type of child. And if per chance U failed in one of these areas, U were a nobody.

Unfortunately, along d way, U may have made some mistakes in trying to fulfill this false notion of who U are supposed to be. Bad relationship after bad relationship continually emphasized d lie that U were nothing without a man.

Having said that, I do not believe we are responsible for the things that are done or said to us. But I do know that we are responsible for allowing those things continue in us...

To be Cont'd nxt week.

Kindly share.

25BB383
08034421195

No comments:

Post a Comment